Quality Care at Your Convenience
It’s a world of technology and accessibility. With online shopping, fast shipping, and one-click purchases available at our fingertips, it’s tempting to think about using this same type of service for your healthcare needs. If you take several medications, having a box of pills show up at your doorstep sounds nice, but is it really the most beneficial for your overall health? What many don’t know is that their local pharmacy offers that same great convenience but with quality care to back it up. Here are some benefits of knowing your pharmacist and packaging your medications at a local pharmacy.
- Face-to-Face Medication Counseling: We discuss reasons for specific medication(s) prescribed, doses, directions and any questions our patients may have. Dispensing errors are often averted when we counsel patients about the medications. This offers the patients the opportunity to ask questions and bring up any concerns they may have.
- Communicated Refills: Your local pharmacist will proactively communicate with your doctor to ensure they know when changes are made to your medications. They don’t auto send refills for a medication you no longer take or give an excess supply.
- Medication Changes: If you do have a change in one of your medications, your local pharmacy will update your medication packaging, simply bring back your current pack to the pharmacy. No calling a 1-800 number or having to go online to request the change.
- Personalized Pharmacy Care: We don’t just put pills in a bottle or a medication pack and send you on your way. We offer personalized services and follow-up to make sure that the medications are working properly to help you reach your treatment goals without causing any side effects.
- We do MORE: We provide disease state education, have resources & educational materials, provide wellness services, talk to you about medication safety, suggest ways to help you take your medication, help you manage other health conditions, and much more.
Your pharmacist may be the health professional you see most often and talk with about your health. It’s important to take advantage of the many ways your pharmacist can help you manage your health and medications. Pharmacists work closely with your doctor or nurse to give you expert information and guidance about your health and any conditions you may have. All this information & all these services are available at your local pharmacy… now that sounds like convenience!